New users often ask what are the system requirements for installing Autocad 2015, especially when it comes to the 3d side of things. And this is something we discuss in our Autocad 3d courses.
Most new computers are more than capable of running the program these days, but to be doubly sure here’s a list below of the main points to remember.
In terms of operating system the following are recommended:
- Microsoft® Windows® 8/8.1
- Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 Pro
- Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
- Apple Macintosh OS
For 32-bit AutoCAD 2015:
- 32-bit Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon™ Dual Core, 3.0 GHz or higher with SSE2 technology
For 64-bit AutoCAD 2015:
- AMD Athlon 64 with SSE2 technology
- AMD Opteron™ with SSE2 technology
- Intel® Xeon® with Intel EM64T support with SSE2 technology
- Intel Pentium 4 with Intel EM64T support with SSE2 technology
Memory: 2 GB (8 GB recommended).
Display resolution: 1024×768 (1600×1050 or higher recommended) with True Color.
Display card: Windows display adapter capable of 1024×768 with True Color capabilities. DirectX® 9 or DirectX 11 compliant card is recommended but not required.
Disk space: For installation make sure you have at least 6.0 GB.
The 3d interface in Autocad is user-friendly and easy to learn, and we take time to teach a broad range of applications in our classes including modeling, materials, lighting and animation. See many examples of our clients’ work on our Facebook page. For more information there are lots of resources on the web, but try the Autodesk site to begin with: www.autodesk.com. Support options and user forums are also available from the home page.
Other related Autocad 3d Blog Posts: